Search FAQ Library

  • Q. My friend told me she is getting Juvederm injections for her wrinkles. What is it and how does it work?

    A. Your friend's cosmetic surgeon is treating her wrinkles with a "filler." There are many fillers on the market today: Juvederm, Restylane, Radiesse and more. Even one's own adipose (fat) tissue can be used ad a filler. Fillers are basically an injectable gel derived from common substances like hyaluronic acid (a naturally occurring sugar in the body). Since a wrinkle is essentially a severe, localized loss of volume, a filler is injected directly under the offending wrinkle and re-volumizes it. Fillers have been used for years to correct wrinkles, enhance the lips and volumize hallowed under eye areas.

1 FAQ(s)