- Medical Name: Microneedling Collagen Induction Therapy
- Common Name: MicroNeedling, MicroNeedle, Collage Induction Therapy, CIT
- Anesthesia Type: None / Topical Anesthesia
- Procedure Duration: 1 hour or less
- Recovery Time: None
- Procedure Location: Office
About Microneedling Collagen Induction Therapy
Collagen Induction Therapy ( CIT ) or microneedling is a non-surgical treatment that targets fine lines, wrinkles, sun damage, hyperpigmentation or dark spots, raised scarring like surgical scars and depressed scars like acne scars. It also smooths skin texture, evens tone, stimulates circulation and collagen production.
Generally 3-6 treatments are recommended depending upon the current condition of your skin and what your treatment goals are for microneedling or CIT.
Benefits of Microneedling Collagen Induction Therapy
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Photodamage / sun damage
- Hyperpigmentation like dark or red spots
- Depressed scars like acne scars
- Raised scars like traumatic or surgical scars
How Microneedling Collagen Induction Therapy is Performed
During your microneedling procedure, tiny needles are used to create microperforations to the skin to induce collagen and elastin production. It also creates microchannels that can help the absorption of topical gels, creams.